Integrity of Self MovementArts® Sessions are “For Anyone with a Body”
The Five ISMA Disciplines:
1. Breathing – Become Aware Of and Use Your Breath as a Tool. It is a “Constant” and the Key To Life.
2. Skeletal Awareness – Identify and Understand the Function of Your Bones. Our Skeleton is the Strong Framework which Supports the Body.
3. Balance – Learn to Make Adjustments in Order to Find the Center of Gravity/Center of Weight. There You Find Your Balance.
4. Energy Dynamics – Develop Your Ability to Control the Flow of Energy Through Your Body.
5. Labanotation – Learn the “Written” Language of Movement. It Allows You to Read Movement from a Movement Score, as You Would Read Music from a Music Score.
All Private Classes include the Five ISMA Disciplines.
The Classes are named after the Discipline Concentration for that class.
Anatomy & Breath℠ (a 1-hour CLASS)
This class is specifically designed to utilize the support of the breath while focusing on body mechanics and skeletal awareness.
Energy Flow & Balance℠ (a 1-hour CLASS)
Energy is the “enlivening” force of lightness in opposition to the downward pull of gravity. In this class, students are able to experience and embrace the flow of energy in their bodies, while also learning how to find their balance.
Dynamic Walk℠ (a 1-hour CLASS)
Breath awareness and support is the underlying theme being encouraged. This class takes place amongst nature in a botanic park setting. The class is designed to build endurance by using variations in walking patterns and the alternating use of muscles.
Labanotation Basics℠ (a 1-hour CLASS)
This class teaches the fundamentals of Labanotation, the language of movement. The first symbol taught is the “Place” symbol, which represents no direction. In Labanotation, the idea of “Place” for the support is directly related to the center of gravity of the mover. The student will then learn the directions and levels from this starting point. Each subsequent class builds on this foundation.
Requires a $65 deposit that goes toward your full class payment.
GROUP-PRIVATE CLASS [3-5 persons]: $180
SEMI-PRIVATE CLASS [2 persons]: $120
PRIVATE CLASS [1 person]: $95
Flexible weekday, weekend, and evening classes will be arranged and scheduled.
Integrity of Self MovementArts® Empowers you to become more Appreciative of YOU.
Also Available for …
Master Classes, Workshops, Presentations, Training Sessions, Events, AND Consultations (In-Studio or On-Location). Call Today: 202-215-9212 to schedule an appointment to discuss your particular needs.